QLD Certificate 3 Guarantee
It’s your time to grow with our Certificate 3 Guarantee courses, funded by the Queensland State Government.
The Queensland Government wants more Queenslanders to undertake training in areas where skilled workers are required. We are one of the selected registered training organisation’s to help this cause.
Kirana Colleges deliver a range of funded qualifications to eligible participants through our Browns Plains and Chermside training locations in QLD.
- Please note that pricing and course availability is subject to change without notice. For more information on this program, you can download the Queensland Government Certificate 3 Guarantee fact sheet here.
- Once you complete a qualification through this program you will no longer be eligible for further subsidised training under this program.
- Students will be required to complete a Training and Employment survey within three months of completing or discontinuing the course.
- Concession students must pay the entire fee by induction date or the first day of course commencement (whichever comes first) or make arrangements for a direct debit payment plan to be finalised prior to induction date or first day of course commencement (whichever comes first).
- Non-concession students must pay 50% deposit of total fee by induction date or the first day of course commencement (whichever comes first) or make arrangements for a direct debit payment plan to be finalised prior to induction date or first day of course commencement (whichever comes first).
- For information on how we process our fees and our refunds please download and read our Fees and Refund policy here.
To be eligible for funding you need to be:
- Queensland resident
- who does not already hold, or is not already enrolled in, a post-school certificate III or higher level qualification (not including qualifications completed at school and foundation skills training
- is aged 15 years of age or above
- is no longer at school
- is an Australian or New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident (including humanitarian entrants), or a temporary resident with the necessary visa and on the pathway to permanent residency
To be eligible for concession for Queensland Certificate 3 Guarantee you need to meet the above eligibility criteria and:
- hold a health care or pensioner concession card issued under Commonwealth law, or
- have proof that you are a partner or dependant of a person who holds a health care or pensioner concession card and is named on that card.
- the student is an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- the student has a disability
- the student is an adult prisoner.
Employment status does not matter, you can obtain funding and do our course even if you’re working or unemployed.
You can access fee-free training if you:
- start training within 1 year of leaving school
- completed Year 12 in Queensland and hold either;
- a Senior Statement issued by the Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority
- an equivalent certificate that confirms you have completed Year 12 in Queensland
- live permanently in Queensland
A Unique Student Identifier (USI) number is a unique number that is allocated to students studying nationally recognised Vocational Educational Training (VET) in Australia. This is a government initiative that enables you to access all of your training records and results from the one location allowing you to provide proof of qualification to any potential employer. USI’s are mandatory to anyone wanting to complete nationally recognised training.
If you forgot or lost your USI number please call
- Student Support 1800 078 839 and fill out a Release of Information form and supply ID or
- Skilling Australia on 1300 856 007
If you have completed and hold a Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care, you may be eligible to receive up to 6 months off the duration to complete the Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care with Kirana Colleges, bringing the course duration down from 18 months to 12 months.